Llanarth Fawr Community Council
Llanarth Fawr Community Council

Crawley Hall, Bryngwyn

To hire the hall please contact:
Sian Richardson (Secretary) on 07715 30231207715 302312
or email CrawleyHallSecretary@gmail.com.

History of the Hall

Crawley Hall was built in 1924 and kindly given in trust for the use of the people of the Parish by the Crawley family of Bryngwyn. The orginal build cost was £435.for a simple timber frame building wrapped in corrugated sheet metal. Painted green, the Hall was known to locals as the Green Shed and was regularly used by the local playgroup. The Bryngwyn WI group and a keep fit club also used the Hall until October 2008 when the original Hall's structure was damaged and it was decided to build a new Hall for the community with up to date facilities.  

A sub-committee was set up and approximately £130,000 was raised via various fundraising events,  grants and donations in order to build the new hall we have today. Our thanks go to the many organisations and local individuals who kindly provided the funding and grants which enabled the work to be carried out. These include: £55,000 from Monmouthshire council, GAVO, New Grove Trust, BIFFaward and money from the Big Lottery Fund.
Prisoners from HMP Prescoed assisted in the building workof the new timber hall, with a slate roof, Welsh oak flooring, kitchen and equipment, windows and disabled toilet.
Crawley Hall was officially re-opened by Monmouth MP David Davies on Saturday 13th August 2011.

Print | Sitemap
© Llanarth Fawr Community Council